1. PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.
(a) We only collect and share personally identifiable information regarding users of the Sites as described in this Policy. Except as noted in this Policy, personally identifiable information collected on the Sites is not shared with third parties without your consent.
(b) We may automatically collect personally identifiable information from you when you access the Sites. We may also collect personally identifiable information from you through a number of voluntary sources on the Sites, such as responses, registrations, reviews, comments, e-mails, postings, messages, photos or other electronic submissions and communications sent by you to FoodMaven or the Sites. The personally identifiable information we may collect from you includes, without limitation: domain name and IP address; e-mail address; contact information (including name, address, zip code, and phone number); age; location information, including location information provide by a mobile device or associated with your IP address; user-specific and aggregate information on areas of the Sites accessed; username and password information for the Sites; and other information volunteered by you.
(c) The personally identifiable information that FoodMaven collects from users of the Sites (both registered and unregistered) may be used for a variety of purposes; for example, to provide the services and products offered through the Sites to users of the Sites, to customize advertising and other content displayed on the Sites and/or the layout of the Sites for each individual user of the Sites, to notify users of the Sites about updates to and activities on the Sites and about goods and services that we feel may be of interest to you, to improve the content of the Sites, to analyze data and patterns regarding usage of the Sites, to contact users of the Sites for marketing purposes, and to contact users of the Sites for information verification purposes.
(d) We may share certain personally identifiable information with third party advertisement serving companies to better target the advertising and other content displayed on the Sites and provide pertinent offers we think may be of interest to users. In addition, third party advertisers may receive certain personally identifiable information about you if you click on advertisements or company names displayed on the Sites (and clicking on any advertisement or company name displayed on the Sites will be considered your consent to “opt in” for this transfer).
3. CHOICE AND OPT-OUT. We provide you with a choice whether to receive certain e-mails. We provide you the opportunity to “opt-out” of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes. If you are a user of the Sites and you no longer wish to receive e-mail, mail, or telephone calls from us or have your e-mail address or postal address shared with third parties, you may opt-out of receiving e-mail, mail, or telephone calls from us or having your e-mail address or postal address shared with third parties. All opt-out requests can be made by emailing us at info@FoodMaven.co.
4. CHILDREN. FoodMaven does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), FoodMaven will immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database. Anyone under the age of thirteen (13) must seek and obtain parent or guardian permission to use this website.
5. NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION. Where possible, the FoodMaven server automatically recognizes each visitor’s Internet Protocol address. We also collect information about how visitors use the Sites (for example, what pages are viewed). This information allows us to improve the content of the Sites and facilitate market research.
6. COOKIES, FLASH COOKIES, AND WEB BEACONS.
(b) A cookie does not collect or keep your name or other personally identifiable information; however, we may link the information obtained through cookies to other personally identifiable information to give us a better understanding of your preferences, so that we can provide a more meaningful experience to you on the Sites.
7. OTHER WEBSITES; LINKS. Certain websites of FoodMaven’s affiliates, promotional partners, advertisers, sponsors, and other third-party websites are accessible through the Sites. These third party websites have their own privacy and data collection policies and practices. FOODMAVEN IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIONS OR PRIVACY POLICIES OF SUCH THIRD PARTIES. YOU SHOULD CHECK THE APPLICABLE PRIVACY POLICIES OF THOSE THIRD PARTIES WHEN PROVIDING PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION THROUGH LINKED WEBSITES.
8. CONSENT TO THE USE OF THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS. In addition to the specific third parties noted in this Policy, FoodMaven may also contract with other third parties to provide various services to FoodMaven relating to the Sites on an outsourced basis rather than performing the services itself. By visiting the Sites, all visitors consent to FoodMaven providing both personal and non-personal information received from those visitors to these third party providers for the purpose of enabling the third party provider to provide these outsourced services to FoodMaven. In addition, all visitors consent to the collection, maintenance, and processing of their personal and non-personal information by FoodMaven and these third-party providers.
(a) FoodMaven will use reasonable security measures on the Sites to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under FoodMaven’s control. While there is no such thing as “perfect security” on the Internet, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of your personal information.
(b) FoodMaven uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications in an effort to build users’ trust and confidence in the internet and website use by providing simple and secure access and communication of credit care and personal information.
10. GENERAL. This Policy is governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of Colorado, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. Jurisdiction for any disputes, controversies, and claims arising under, in connection with, or out of this Policy shall lie exclusively with the state courts located in Colorado Springs, Colorado, or the federal courts located in Denver, Colorado. If any provision of this Policy is found to be invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Policy, which shall remain in full force and effect. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL FOODMAVEN HAVE ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS POLICY, HOWEVER, OCCASIONED.
11. HOW TO CONTACT FOODMAVEN. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, please feel free to contact us at the following email, telephone number, or mailing address:
Telephone Number: (719) 472-3113 x 1
PO Box 1692
Colorado Springs, 80901